Data Privacy Notice: Advancement at ASP
The Advancement Office works to engage ASP’s worldwide community of alumni, current and past parents, current and former faculty and staff, and friends; nurture relationships with and among the school’s constituents; secure charitable gifts for the school; and support the school’s mission to inspire and prepare every student to achieve personal and academic excellence. This notice outlines how the Advancement Office collects and uses data in its efforts to advance the school.
What personal data do we collect?
- The Advancement Office collects and holds the following constituent data:
- Names, contact details, and contact preferences;
- Engagement with the school, including events attended and volunteer service;
- Details of ASP education, including participation in school activities;
- Relationship to other ASP community members;
- Further and higher education, as well as employment and professional activities;
- Current interests and activities, which may include selected media coverage;
- nformation on financial assets that is publicly available; and
- Philanthropy and volunteering, including gifts and service to ASP.
How do we collect data?
The Advancement Office collects data provided through the school’s admissions process, event registrations, conversations with ASP staff and volunteers, and change-of-address and donation forms. In keeping with common practice among independent schools, we also update records with data collected from publicly available sources.
How do we use data?
In order to advance ASP’s mission, the Advancement Office uses the data it holds for:
- School communications, including e-newsletters from the Head of School and Academic Directors, the ASPect magazine, and other correspondence promoting the school;
- Alumni activities and programs, including event invitations, reunions, e-newsletters, alumni profiles, and networking;
- Fundraising, including gift receipting and stewardship, mail and email appeals, segmentation and analysis, and volunteering assignments;
- Volunteer recruitment and programs, including the Parent Faculty Association (PFA).
With whom do we share data?
In accordance with ASP protocols, the Advancement Office does not share personal data with third parties, other than those that process data on behalf of the school for specified, legitimate educational or operational purposes aligned with the ASP mission.
The Advancement Office may share data with school constituents who are working on behalf of the school to assist in volunteer programs, alumni activities, and fundraising efforts. For example, PFA liaisons and alumni class agents are provided with enough data to conduct their work. All volunteers sign a privacy agreement detailing the purposes for which the data can be used and the security measures that must be in place.
For more information
If you have questions about the Advancement Office’s use of data, please contact email@example.com