ASP in Brief
An American Curriculum with an International Perspective
Founded in 1946 as the first international school established in Europe, our school's rich heritage and dedicated service to the international and French communities continue today to lead in the world of teaching and learning.
We are proud to be a founding school of the International Baccalaureate program and one of the few schools in Europe to offer a range of both IB and Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
We inspire and empower our students to become the very best they can be through an experience unique in Paris: an American education centering on the individual, in an international setting underlined by a philosophy of respect and responsibility.
Unique Learning Experience
- A challenging, rigorous, university-preparatory academic program which embraces the best practices of an American model of education.
- Exceptional and nurturing teachers, guiding students to acquire skills and self-esteem necessary for personal success.
- Outstanding programs in music, theater, art, sport and technology.
- Students develop a sense of global responsibility through hands-on service-learning opportunities.
Our son had a tailor-made education! ASP recognizes that each student has their own strengths and weaknesses!
Upper School Parent
ASP offers the American High School Diploma, Advanced Placement and as an IB World School and has been offering the International Baccalaureate for more than 30 years. Our graduates attend many of the best universities in the world.
International Student Body
ASP students hail from 64 different countries and speak 33 different mother-tongue languages. With about one quarter of the school’s population changing each year, we have become experts in facilitating smooth transitions both into and out of our community.
Language (EAL) and Learning Support
As an inclusive school where students with diverse learning needs can find an academic home, and to assist our mobile families, ASP offers extensive support programs for English as an additional language learning and learning support services from the 3-year-old program through Grade 12. The school accepts younger students (up to age ten) who do not yet speak any English.
In addition ASP Extension provides English language programs for more than 1500 local French children each year.
ASP students learn on our spacious campus with brand-new or newly refurbished facilities including:
- STEAM labs and innovation center
- world-class Performing Arts Center and a black box theater
- collaborative work spaces
- two full-size gymnasiums and training center, large outdoor sports fields
- two well-stocked libraries
- two modern cafeterias with French chefs and organic choices
The ASP Community
A vital component of an ASP experience is our involved parent community. A strong bond between parents and the school enhances the lives of the students and their learning. The PFA offers so many opportunities for parents to get involved in school life at ASP.
Accreditation, Affiliations and Governance
- Accredited by the Middle Schools Association and the Council of International Schools.
- Member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the European Council of International Schools and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
- Registered as an Association Loi 1901 (not-for-profit) organization in France.
- Governed by a Board of Trustees, made up of members of the school community and the Head of School.