Welcome to the Guidance Office
Our Upper School Guidance Office focuses on the educational, emotional, and behavioral needs of our students and offers a range of services to address these needs.
We provide both academic and emotional support and seek to help students take advantage of the wealth of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities available to them.
Guidance Counselors provide many services including:
- welcoming new families and easing the transition to our school
- advising on course selection and scheduling of classes
- helping students to meet graduation requirements
- assisting with long range planning and awareness of a variety of program options (including, but not limited to, AP and IB courses)
- providing guidance in cases of academic difficulties
- assisting students with personal and interpersonal concerns
- communicating regularly with their teachers and parents
- consulting with teachers, the guidance committee and local professionals on specific student concerns
During each school year, meetings and workshops are organized for students and parents, and individual meetings are encouraged.
Please take time to look through our website and remember to read the weekly Upper School newsletters for valuable information. Additionally, feel free to contact us with questions or concerns.
We are very much looking forward to meeting you and working with you throughout the year.