Technology for Learning
We believe that every child must learn to be a safe and responsible digital citizen and an effective, independent digital learner.
We aim to use technology to support, enrich and extend learning and to provide an environment where students gain the technology skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their learning now, and in the future.
The Benefits of Technology Integration in Student Learning
- Expands the range of resources available in the classroom and provides tools for teachers to better meet individual learners’ needs.
- Enables students to take more responsibility for their learning, solve problems themselves, explore their own creativity and pursue their own passions.
Access to Technology
At ASP we provide ready access to technology for learning to all students, taking an age-appropriate approach to devices:
- Lower School: iPads (Pre-K to Grade 4) and netbook computers (Grade 5)
- Middle School: MacBook Airs (1:1 laptop program)
- Upper School: individual choice (structured Bring Your Own Device program)
In addition we have Discovery Lab in the Lower School, a Media Lab in the Middle School, and a Computer Lab and a Media Lab in the Upper School for specialist technology-based courses.
We provide Wi-Fi throughout the campus and a wide range of web-based resources for research and online learning.
The ASP technology integration program is based on the International Society for Technology Education (ISTE) standards, which form our goals:
Students will understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.